Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to work....what?!

Last week I got an unexpected call from my principal who left a message saying that she had a "proposal" for me. When I called back, she explained that one of the Kindergarten teachers was going to take on more of an administrative role, and they needed someone to take over the morning Kindergarten class! After the shock wore off, I sat down and told Kyle about it. At first we thought, although it would be a great opportunity, we had no idea how we could make it work with Jackson. I mean, I was not even thinking about going back to work for another 6-7 months (maybe). Where would he go? I hadn't even thought about a daycare....plus, was I ready? So I called my Mom because she always gives me perspective and then I prayed about it. Well, I think God was giving me a little shove because Kyle came home the next day and said his boss was willing to work with him so that he could basically make his own schedule! So, after a day or two of going back and forth, I decided that I would take the job! And I start Monday....Ahhhhh!
I think this will be really good for me. I mean, it is only 3 1/2 hours of teaching a day (so easy!) I am home by noon and I have the rest of the day with Jack-man! Plus, it will ease me back into work. I am working with the best Kindergarten team too. They are truly amazing and have made me feel so good about coming back. One of the teachers even said in an e-mail, "You can bring Jackson to meetings anytime you want. He is part of the team now too!" It will also allow Kyle to spend more time with Jack which is awesome! He will have him 4 mornings a week so we don't have to worry about finding and interviewing a daycare last minute.
And even though I am at peace about starting back, I can't help but feel anxious about meeting my new kids and their parents, a little nervous (Kindergarten is a whole new ballgame) and a little bittersweet about leaving my little man (I know, I know, it's only 3 1/2 hours a day!!) But we have been connected at the hip the last 10 months and he is getting so big so fast. I am afraid if I blink, I will miss something. He is truly the light of my life!
So I am enjoying the last few mornings with him and feel so grateful that I was able to stay home with him this long. I am really looking forward to being in a classroom again and seeing all of my wonderful colleagues. I think it will be great and I am so blessed to be given the best of both worlds!

Who could leave this face?






1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity, Kar! Its like God knew you needed to ease back into it and worked it out for you, just like that ;) I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer as you, Kyle & Jackson make this transition.

    p.s. still working on a new beanie for Jackson...my goal is to have it done by the time he's 1 ;)

    ReplyDelete