Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A "nautical" 1st birthday...

The day after my sweet Jackson turned 1, we had his birthday party with all his little friends and their Mommies and Daddies! After racking my brain for months on a theme (I am not really a big theme kind of person!) I decided to go with the very cute yet subtle nautical theme. The colors were navy, red and light blue and we threw the cutest party at a park nearby our house. The weather couldn't have been any prettier!
I had so much fun planning all the little details of his party. My family flew in early to help me get ready for the big day. They were amazing and helped with everything! We had sailboat sandwiches, "nautical" cupcakes and the sweetest "candy bar" complete with gummy "life preservers" and swedish fish! I even found the most adorable tote bags for all Jackson's friends to take home, with bubbles and goldfish crackers inside. When it was time for Jackson to enjoy his birthday cake, he took full advantage of it, not surprising since Kyle has the biggest sweet tooth ever! A definite highlight was Jackson's dedication at the party. My sister and brother-in-law spoke and prayed for Jackson as all our friends and family witnessed our commitment to raise Jack in God's word and love. We truly have the most amazing people in our lives and we are so blessed that they LOVE Jack so much. Needless to say, Jackson's first birthday was a very special day for Kyle and I and one we will remember the rest of our lives. We still cannot believe we have a ONE year old!
Let the party begin.....Happy B-day Jackson!
Some of the yummy desserts
Cake pops!
Jackson's "smash cake"
I love cupcakes!
All the little details: #1 and sailboat sandwiches!
Nautical decor!
The candy bar! Complete with gummy "life preservers" and swedish fish.
Some of the tables
A little nautical bag for all of Jack's friends!
These are soooo cute!
Birthday water.


What a beautiful day.
Jackson's dedication
I'm ONE today!!!
Jack and Jake showing off their rides!
With cousin Bo!
Cake time!
Yummy!



Nana, Papa, Grammie and the birthday boy!
Time to open presents!
Proud parents of a one year old!






















No comments:

Post a Comment