Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Adventure Begins!

Well, I feel like I am the last person on the face of the earth that does not have a blog. But I figured with the announcement of our first baby, this would be a great way to update our friends and family on all the changes that have been happening in our lives!
Kyle and I are overjoyed to be starting a family. It has been a desire of our hearts for a long time and we feel so blessed that with God's perfect timing, we now have the opportunity to begin this new adventure!
I guess I should start at the beginning. We had been trying to have a baby for a while so I did not get my hopes up too high when I was feeling "under the weather" one day. Kyle had just left for a "guys weekend" in Palm Springs and I was really tired and not myself. That night I decided "what the heck," maybe I would just take a test. Almost immediately.....the little digital test read PREGNANT! I was standing there, in shock, all alone. And then I begin to cry :) Still in disbelief I ran to the drugstore and brought 6 MORE TESTS! All positive! It was the best feeling I had ever had and yet, no one to share it with. I had to wait 4 whole days till Kyle came back from the desert......the longest 4 days of my life!!!
For the next four days , I thought long and hard about how I was going to tell Kyle the incredible news. As we all know, Kyle is a HUGE Oregon duck fan. So it was pretty obvious that I would incorporate a little Duck Spirit! I had an Oregon Duck onesie overnighted from the internet and I made a sign that read "WE missed you. Welcome Home! After 4 agonizing days of waiting, I hung up the sign, and put out the baby outfit and my positive pregnancy test. I counted the minutes till he arrived. Finally I heard the garage door open and stood there in anticipation. But as Kyle walked down the hall into the kitchen , he completely missed the sign and the baby outfit. In fact, for the next 20 minutes, he proceeded to tell me all about his weekend and golf and yada, yada, yada! At this point, I am trying to be interested in his story when in reality I was dying for him to look over and see the sign. Finally, after he wrapped up the details of the weekend, he sat on the couch and looked over at the table. After a few seconds, he looked over and says, "Who's WE?" He told me later that as the words came out of his mouth, he knew and he went running over to the table. As he looked over at me, I had tears streaming down and we both hugged and stood there in shock. Kyle is soooooo excited. He is going to be the BEST Dad ever and I feel so blessed to share this experience with the most amazing husband and friend!




2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy for you guys! Love the onesie idea...I'm sure baby H will be sporting it often. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete