Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First haircut!

After praying that our little baldy would grow a little hair, we are happy to report that almost 2 years, Jack was finally ready for a little haircut. We took him and our neighbor Aaron to the cutest little place in Liberty Station called Pigtails and Crewcuts. It was so adorable. Each chair was something different (an airplane, a train, an animal) and the whole place was filled with flat screens playing Disney movies and cartoons. The cutting stations had different treats for the kids like lollipops and animal crackers in case of a meltdown. I have to admit I was a little nervous for the first one. I wasn't sure how he would do. I packed every bag of tricks I had at the house. When it was our turn, the lady was so sweet and talked to him the whole time. He was a little nervous at first and did not want to get in the airplane. But I pulled out the iphone and put on Elmo and he was good to go. I was so proud of him. He sat there very still and watched his movie. The only time he got scared was when she pulled out the electric clippers. He did not like the noise by his ears and started to squirm and cry a little. I held his head still for a minute (he did not like that) while she trimmed the back and by his ears and then he was done! I have to sing high praises for the hairdressers there. Their repoire with the kids and parents was excellent. They obviously work with kids all day and did a fantastic job of getting the haircut done fast and efficient. Afterward, we celebrated at Corvettes Diner with french fries and milkshakes. Another milestone we can cross off the list. My baby is getting sooooo big!!

Are you going to cut my hair?
watching my video
holding so still

what a big boy
the clippers scared me a little!
nice and trimmed
success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment